(Redirected from Ambassadors/NA)
Welcome to the Fedora Ambassadors of North America (FAmNA) page.
FAmNA is a collection of folks from the United States and Canada who share the Fedora message with others throughout North America.
What you should know about Fedora
- The overview explains Fedora's mission and core values.
- Four Foundations; Freedom, Friends, Features and First.
- Please read about how these foundations integrate into our culture, community and values.
- Fedora Talking Points
- Very useful discussion points when folks ask what is in Fedora.
- Fedora's largest sponsor is Red Hat.
- Most community members are not employees of Red Hat.
- Fedora is the upstream of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and other distributions.
The Fedora Events page has a full listing of events where all regions list their upcoming events. This goes for FAmNA members too. If you are an ambassador and would like to hold an event, big or small, it should go on the Events page. The benefit of this is that we can track how many events each region has and how to plan for the same quarters in upcoming years.
Get SWAG for Your Event
FAmNA will happily provide approved ambassadors with resources to share Fedora with people at events or just in their area. FAmNA provides several items that can be handed out, these include:
- Live/Install Media
- Stickers, Buttons, Tattoos, etc.
To get an Ambassador Kit for ad hoc events or other SWAG to give away at events, visit the ambassadors-na "issues" (requests) under Pagure. You must have a Fedora Account to create a request.
North American ambassadors meet on irc.freenode.net, #fedora-meeting, on each Thursday at 9pm Eastern US time. See upcoming meetings and past meeting minutes.
During meetings, tasks are assigned to individuals willing to complete work. Usually, this is simple stuff like announcing an event on mailing lists, blogging about something cool, etc. However, we do have more lengthy tasks as well. Tasks are now tracked on the FAmNA Trac.