This is still under construction - please feel free to add to and correct this document.
What is plague-client?
Plague is a package build system. plague-client is a python script which communicates build requests and queries to the build system via xml-rpc. plague-client can be used to query the status of jobs as well as submit and cancel build requests.
How do I set up and use the plague-client?
1. Install the plague-client from Fedora repository if you don't already have it installed
yum install plague-client
2. The plague build system requires a number of certificates to communicate securely. If you're a fedora maintainer you should already have a .fedora.cert file in your homedir. You'll need two more certs:
- The certificate for the Certificate Authority used to sign the user keys. That's available from fedora-upload-ca.cert save that as ~/.fedora-upload-ca.cert
- The certificate for the Certificate Authority used to sign the buildsystem's server keys. That's available from fedora-server-ca.cert save that as ~/.fedora-server-ca.cert
plague-client list once. This will create a ~/.plague-client.cfg file. Edit this file so it looks like this:
[Certs] user-ca-cert = ~/.fedora-upload-ca.cert server-ca-cert = ~/.fedora-server-ca.cert user-cert = ~/.fedora.cert [User] email = email_address_you_use_with_your_fedora_extras_cvs_acct [Server] use_ssl = True address = https://buildsys.fedoraproject.org:8887 allow_uploads = False
4. Test your connection by running:
You should see something like:
Builders: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ xenbuilder1.fedora.redhat.com x86_64 amd64 ia32e noarch i386 i486 i586 i686 athlon alive xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com i386 i486 i586 i686 athlon noarch x86_64 amd64 ia32e unavailable xenbuilder3.fedora.redhat.com unavailable hammer2.fedora.redhat.com x86_64 amd64 ia32e noarch i386 i486 i586 i686 athlon alive ppc1.fedora.redhat.com unavailable ppc2.fedora.redhat.com ppc ppc32 noarch alive ppc3.fedora.redhat.com unavailable
If that doesn't work report your error to the fedora-devel mailing list.
How do I request a package build?
The general syntax for enqueing a build job is:
plague-client build [package_name] [package_cvs_tag] [release_number]
plague-client build yum-utils yum-utils-0_2-1_fc4 fc4
This is the command that is issued when you type
make build in your build directory.
How do I request that a previously processed build job is requed?
This avoids having to bump the release tag in the spec file and redoing the
make tag and
make build steps. The general syntax is:
plague-client requeue [job_id]
plague-client requeue 3
How do I list jobs running on the build system?
The general syntax is
plague-client list [email <addr>] [status <stat>] [result <result>] [uid <uid>]
For example, to list all failed jobs:
plague-client list status failed
and to list all building jobs:
plague-client list status building
and to list jobs by user who requested them:
plague-client list email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I cancel a build request?
The general syntax is
plague-client kill [job id]
plague-client kill 354
How can I access previous build logs?
Previous build logs are available for a short duration on
They are kept for a longer time on