From Fedora Project Wiki
(Redirected from BartDeSoete)
Introducing Bart De Soete
- Name: Bart De Soete
- Fedora Account: badeso
- Lives in: Belgium - Louvain (Western-Europe)
- Works in: Belgium - Brussels
- His job:
- 1) Working as an outsourced consultant for First-IT(Mechelen, Belgium). Current activity: System engineering at AUDI Brussels.
- 2) He manages De Soete Consulting, which he founded in 2008. De Soete Consulting is a business consulting company, specialised in IT- and webservices, e-marketing, business advice and service platforms for insurance brokers.
- Past jobs: he managed IT for several organizations, for several years.
- He worked for 4 years as a Facility Manager at FeliXart Museum,(Brussels, Belgium) a museum for modern art in combination with ecology where they try to bring art to life with new technologies.
- For the past 6 years he managed IT in several non-profit organizations, which soms of them: (re)drawing IT-architecture, introducing domains, etc.
His relation to Fedora
- Since 10 years he is fascinated by the evolution of IT, and after 5 years testing and "playing" with different Linux-distro's, he became very interested in Fedora.
- I try to contribute to the Fedora Project by spreading the word about Fedora to young people who aren't familiar with Fedora or even with Linux at all. I also try to translate on regulary base and participate in the Fedora Localization Project.
- My main goal is to migrate as many as possible organizations (mostly non-profits)from MS-enviroments to Fedora or Linux in general. In that process, I try to find solutions for indvidual requirements and Open
Source-alternatives instead of paying closed licenses. Organizations with low budget (especially non-profits) can save millions by just following the OpenSource-philosophy. However, for professional use, I admit also use MS- or other Windows-based software, but only because I have to for my work.
I participate in the following Fedora's projects:
You can contact me by email in Dutch (Nederlands) and English:
- Email: [[MailTo(Bart DOT De DOT Soete AT fedoraproject DOT org)]
- IRC Nick:BaDeSo Hang out in #fedora
- GPG ID: 94C3B820
- Fingerprint: ABAF 4B1B 39A5 ADD9 D834 A021 7D72 B2FF 94C3 B820
|"Linux, less expensive, more effective"|