Fedora Packages are maintained collectively by a community of both Red Hat members and volunteers.
- 1 Contributing roles
- 2 Other useful links for Package Maintainers
- Package Review Process - describes the formal review process (for both contributors and reviewers)
- Packaging SIGs - Informal groups of packagers working on specific areas of the distribution
- EPEL - Rebuild of Fedora packages for RHEL or compatible derivatives
- Packaging Guidelines
- Licensing Guidelines
- Package Naming Guidelines
- Dist Tag Guidelines
- Package Review Guidelines
- Recipes for RPM post scripts
Introduction to packaging
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package - for those of us with shorter attention spans, preferring less detail.
- How to create an RPM package - start here if you don't know how to create an RPM package and want a detailed guide.
- Maximum RPM Book - most detailed, but slightly obsolete.
- RPM Guide - an in-depth guide to RPM.
- Building Packages Guide - Work through these examples, you'll learn a lot.
Procedures, Policies and Guides
- Package Review Process - Get a package into the Fedora Package Collection
- Package maintainer responsibilities - Your responsibilities if you maintain a package
- Updates Policy - Policy for when to push updates to packages and when not to
- Package maintenance guide - a guide, tips, and FAQs for using the Fedora package maintenance system
- Package update HOWTO - Procedure to update a package
- Package Renaming Process and Upgrade paths — renaming or splitting_packages - Procedure for properly obsoleting packages when they are renamed, split, or joined
- How to remove a package at end of life
- Using Mock to test package builds
- Using the Koji build system
- Using the Bodhi CLI tool
- Milestone freezes - how the Fedora Alpha, Beta and Final freezes affect packagers
- Fedora Release Life Cycle - information on the Fedora development process, particularly various freeze dates and such
Resources for Fedora Package Collection contributors
- SIGs - Fedora Special Interest Groups
- Fedora package components in bugzilla
- koji - Fedora Package Build System / Secure connection with Fedora User Cert
- bodhi - Fedora Package Update System
- RPM Repository Admin requests - Repository and Git status pages for requesting manual copies and removals of packages
- Vacation Notice - Add a vacation note if you are going to be unavailable for a few days.
- Test Machines - Contributed servers for test, mock build, compile or debug packages before submitting to koji
- Fedorapeople_Repos - A place to host various personal repos
Important Mailing Lists
- devel-announce is a low traffic, announcements only, list, where important development information is posted.
- devel is a high traffic mailing list, where discussions about the development of Fedora are held.
- package-announce is a very high traffic mailing list, where notifications are given for all the commits in any package in the Fedora repository. Note that the Fedora package database sends commit mails for packages you (co-)maintain.
- packaging is the mailing list of the Fedora Packaging Committee, who determine the official packaging guidelines for Fedora projects.
Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo)
Fedora technical management is organized by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo).
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Package Maintainers"
The following 90 pages are in this category, out of 90 total.
- Help wanted for package maintainance
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/it
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/ja
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/pt-br
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/ru
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/zh-cn
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/zh-tw
- How to create an RPM package
- How to create an RPM package/es
- How to create an RPM package/it
- How to create an RPM package/pt
- How to create an RPM package/zh-cn
- How to create an RPM package/zh-tw
- How to get sponsored into the packager group
- How to get sponsored into the packager group/es
- How to remove a package at end of life
- How to remove a package at end of life/es
- How to sponsor a new contributor
- How to use and edit comps.xml for package groups
- Join the package collection maintainers
- Join the package collection maintainers/es
- Join the package collection maintainers/ja
- Join the package collection maintainers/pt-br
- Join the package collection maintainers/ru
- Join the package collection maintainers/zh-cn
- Join the package collection maintainers/zh-tw
- Package maintainer
- Package maintainer policy
- Package maintainer responsibilities
- Package maintainer responsibilities(draft)
- User:Mziaei1/eclipse/fedora package/process
- Package Maintainers Flags Policy
- Package maintainers wishlist
- Package maintenance guide
- Package maintenance guide/ja
- Package maintenance guide/zh-cn
- Package Renaming Process
- Package Review Process
- Package Review Process/es
- Package Review Process/ru
- Package Review Process/zh-cn
- Package update HOWTO
- Package update HOWTO/ja
- Packager sponsor responsibilities
- Packager sponsor responsibilities(draft)
- Packaging Survey May 2009
- Packaging tricks
- PackagingDrafts/Package Review Process with Containers
- Passphrase policy
- Policy for encouraging comaintainers of packages
- Policy for stalled package reviews