Upgrade to Vagrant 2.2, the latest stable version of Vagrant. Enable QEMU Session by default.
- Targeted release: Fedora 30
- Last updated: 2019-02-18
- Tracker bug: #1678455
- Release Notes tracker: #303
Vagrant 2.2 is new upstream's major release, that includes many features, improvements, and and bug fixes. Using qemu:///session instead of qemu:///system Vagrant will run unprivileged.
Benefit to Fedora
- Enable QEMU Session by default. With this, there's no need for user to input any password, or be present in some group. Everyone is able to use Vagrant, regardless of group or other ACLs.
- Add host support for void linux
- Add support for VirtualBox 6.0
- Add command for uploading files to guest
- Proposal owners:
- Finish packaging Vagrant 2.2. Current changes: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/vagrant/pull-request/17
- Finish packaging Vagrant-Libvirt plugin. Current changes: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/vagrant-libvirt/pull-request/3
- Work has been done in a Copr repository: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/pvalena/vagrant/
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: #8085
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
Because of QEMU Session enabled by defailt, a failure occurs with if Vagrantfile contains:
test_vm.vm.network :private_network, :ip => "172.16.0.2"
Can be solved by setting
libvirt.qemu_use_session = false in Vagrantfile.
How To Test
- No special hardware is needed.
- Install Vagrant
- Use your Vagrantfiles or create new as before
- If something doesn't work as it should, let us know.
New features that come with Vagrant 2.2 will be available. Users will not need to add themseles to any group, or have root ACLs and input a password every time they use Vagrant.
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency mechanism: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks product? N/A (not a System Wide Change)