The Chaos Communication Congress is a large conference with more than 13,000 attendees in 2015. It covers all aspects of online and offline life and is a big gathering for makers, open-source projects, security researchers and hackers.
Location & Schedule
The congress takes place from 26 December (preparation day) till 30 December in the CCH in Hamburg, Germany: https://events.ccc.de/congress/2016/wiki/Static It will be open non-stop with talks usually happen from 11:00h till 02:00h (20:00h on the last day).
Fedora Project Attendees & Assembly Staff
|Name/Link to Userpage||Attendency Date||Hometown||Ticket ordered||Interested in Presenting/Holding a workshop||Need Sponsorship||Need Lodging||Possible exhibition items||Areas of expertise|
|Till Maas||26 December - 30 December||Aachen, Germany||(ARM) microcontrollers, blinking items, First rollup banner||Security, Packaging, Release Engineering, Programming, ...|
|Giannis Konstantinidis||26 December - 30 December||Thessaloniki, Greece||X||X||RPi||Community Building|
|Zacharias Mitzelos||26 December - 30 December||Athens, Greece||X||X||Fedora rollup banners (x2)||Communities, Programming, Ruby|
There is no final decision regarding Accommodation. For reference, a double room at the Radisson Blu Hotel costs about 693.12 Euro for four nights. However, this rate is not available anymore.
- Ibis budget Hamburg City Ost: 1065 EUR (6ppl, 5nights), 337.25 Euro (1 double room, 5 nights)
- ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg: 1581 EUR (6ppl, 5nights), 494,40 Euro (1 double room, 5 nights)
- Allocated Budget: 1514 USD/ca. 1435 Euro
- Entry pass for the four days start at 100 Euro/person.
- Travelling within Germany: at most 99 Euro within Germany by train
|Entry, one four day pass||100 Euro|
|German train ticket||99 Euro|
Ideas for self-organized sessions:
- RPM packaging workshop
- Introduction into Fedora
- Contribution opportunities (giannisk)
Assembly item ideas:
- Provide information about GPG keys and image verification: https://getfedora.org/keys/ and https://getfedora.org/verify
- Prepare a list of supported ARM (SoC) devices and show it
- Have a USB image burning device ready
- Show blinking lights
- Mention Fedora possiblities for embedded development, e.g. Arduino, toolchains, 3d printing
- Make a list with version numbers for cross-compilers?
- Show Security Lab: https://labs.fedoraproject.org/security/
- Showcase RPi boards running Fedora
- Participants engaged in a conversation/interaction - Goal: 2000
- People attending our talks/workshops - Goal:
- New Fedora contributors gained - Goal: 2
- Social media impressions - Goal: 2000