From Fedora Project Wiki
(Redirected from ChrisTyler)
- Mail: chris AT tylers DOT info / chris.tyler AT senecacollege DOT ca / ctyler AT fedoraproject DOT org
- IRC: ctyler on freenode:#fedora-arm,#fedora-devel,#seneca as well as on mozilla:#seneca, #developers
- Location: Toronto/Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
- Employer: Seneca College/Global Proximity Corporation
I'm a programmer and network administrator, and have used Red Hat Linux and Fedora since RH4.2. Here are some of the things I do and have done:
- Industrial Research Chair, Open Source Technology for Emerging Platforms at the Centre for Development of Open Technology (CDOT) and faculty member at Seneca College
- Check out the opensource@seneca planet
- Participant in the Fedora ARM Secondary Architecture project (CDOT operates the Fedora ARM Koji Buildsystem.
- One of the organizers of FSOSS, the Seneca Free Software and Open Source Symposium, 2002- (check it out!)
- One of the founders of TeachingOpenSource.org
- Write and teach about the X Window System, and work as a member of X.org
- Author of Fedora Linux: A Complete Guide to Red Hat's Community Distribution (O'Reilly, ISBN 0596526822/9780596526825; http://fedorabook.org )
- Author of X Power Tools (O'Reilly, ISBN 0596707953/9780596101954)
- Consult for clients in the Greater Toronto Area and beyond.
- Blog irregularly at http://blog.chris.tylers.info when time permits.
- Helped organize FUDCon:Toronto_2009
- Involved in organizing Toronto-area release events
- Fedora Project Board member (F10-F11, F13-F14)
- Author of the old Fedora Daily Package site (http://dailypackage.fedorabook.com) - I really should revive that sometime :-)