(Redirected from Community Architecture)
The Community Architecture team's mission is to facilitate the highly leveraged growth, development, and success of communities that are strategic to Red Hat's business and brand. We know that stronger communities come from applying The Open Source Way principles to any domain, building scaffolding, and supporting the emergence of natural and organic leadership. We work to not only articulate, but also to enact, and to teach, The Open Source Way.
In our team's current goals, we focus on three high level areas:
- Ensuring that the free software community is an equal partner in the creation of Red Hat's products, and that the open source way is institutionalized and its value understood and accepted as crucial to Red Hat's sustainability. Much of our internal work is done in service to the engineering, brand, and sales organizations.
- Stewardship and senior-level leadership of the Fedora Project, which is Red Hat's largest and most successful community interaction.
- The intersection of the open source way and educators and educational institutions, including the growth of the Teaching Open Source community and the Professors' Open Source Summer Experience program.
Our team's mission is inspired by Red Hat's mission statement: To be the catalyst in communities of customers, contributors, and partners creating better technology the open source way.
Our Fedora-related work is on this wiki. Red Hat associates can see more on our internal wiki.
Who are we?
- Mel Chua is the force behind POSSE (a Teaching Open Source project), and the former leader of Fedora's Marketing team.
- Sebastian Dziallas is one of our team's interns, as well as our logistics ninja and Teaching Open Source events coordinator.
- Harish Pillay serves as a community and technology architect, and as the primary point of contact for all Fedora activities in APAC.
- Ryan Rix is a Red Hat intern, Teaching Open Source TA, and Fedora Campus Ambassadors team organizer.
- Michael Tiemann is Red Hat's Vice President of Open Source Affairs.
- Karsten 'quaid' Wade gives voice to The Open Source Way, and is a former leader of Fedora's DocsProject and a long-time Fedora contributor.
- Ian Weller is a Fedora jack-of-all-trades, maintainer of the Scholarship, and Red Hat intern/part-timer/team sysadmin. He does stuff.
- Jack Aboutboul was one of the original Fedora Ambassadors.
- Greg DeKoenigsberg was the team's co-founder, as is a former Fedora Project Leader.
- Max Spevack is a former Fedora Project Leader, and was the team's co-founder and manager from 2008 - 2011.
- Yaakov Nemoy was a Fedora contributor and former Red Hat intern.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Community Architecture"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.