(Redirected from Docs/FixingBugs)
Fixing fedora-docs Bugs in Bugzilla
Current prevailing wisdom is that resolving bugs in Bugzilla for the Fedora Documentation product should work something like this.
- CURRENTRELEASE - Use this resolution for fixes to a document that is to be released soon, frequently, or continuously (such as one of the common entities files).
- ERRATA - Use this resolution for fixes to a document for which errata are released (e.g. Release Notes).
- NEXTRELEASE - Use this resolution for fixes to a document that is targeted for a specific software release (e.g. Fedora Core X Installation Guide).
- NOTABUG - Probably not used often; stylistic differences on which there is no guidance. Always make a comment if you use this resolution, so as not to offend the reporter.
- WONTFIX - Use for legacy or otherwise unmaintained documents; always make a comment if you use this resolution, so as not to offend the reporter.
- RAWHIDE - Use for a fix that is committed to CVS for a new or unreleased document. (Generally, this resolution will only be for FDP members to file bugs against CVS docs. If the fix is for a document that has already been published, wait to close the bug until the new version is re-published on the web, and then close as CURRENTRELEASE.
Some resolutions are not appropriate for FDP use:
- WORKSFORME - Unlike programs, a document can simultaneously work and not work for different readers in the exact same environment. If a document is confusing, it should be changed. Otherwise, use NOTABUG.
- UPSTREAM - The FDP is the source for all official Fedora Documentation.
More to come...