This is the main page for The MirrorManager2/Infra FAD, which is a FAD focused on MirrorManager2 and Infrastructure.
- Our purpose is to... complete with the following primary goals:
- Discuss with Matt as much as possible to understand how exactly the application works
- Discuss with Matt about the pieces that are missing in the current version of MirrorManager2
- See if the database schema can be updated/simplified
- Find a way to handle EOL'd releases
- Work on the missing bits
- Progress on the migration to ansible
- Progress on the migration to RHEL7
Let's use this table to track who is interested in attending, whether or not they need travel, and what times they are available or not. Please note if you would like to attend/participate remotely as well. (just put 'remote' in the travel or local line).
|Contributor||Travel? or Local?||Project||Possible times?|
|Matt||Fly (USA)||MirrorManager2||Ok for early December|
|pingou||Fly (France)||Both||Ok for that week|
|David||Fly (Seattle, WA, USA)||Both||Ok for early December|
|Patrick||Fly (Netherlands)||Both||Ok for that week|
|Ralph||Fly (NY)||Both||Ok for that week|
|smooge||Fly (ABQ)||Both||Ok for that week|
|Michel||Remote||Both||Ok for early December|
|Alan||Local||Both||Ok for anytime|
|You!||fly, drive, local?||MirrorManager2/Infra/Both||Anytime except May 29th-June 2nd.|
Detailed Work Items & Final Attendees
- Will need folks from infrastructure and releng (ssl certs) there.
See the How to organize a FAD list; you can keep your to-do list here.
- Completed work item
- Work out budget
- Decide on Dates and Location
- Arrange Facilities
- List Resources
- Be Somewhat Structured
- Arrange Lodging
- Arrange Refreshments
- Arrange a Social Event
The FAD would take place between December 2nd and December 9th 2014.
- Tuesday 2 : Travel to the US for pingou and Patrick
- Wednesday 3 : Recover, set up, sightseeing
- Thursday 4 : MirrorManager hackfest with Matt
- part-day: core infra team to RDU2 and IT group meetups
- Friday 5 : MirrorManager hackfest with Matt
- Dinner will be at 7pm at Humble Pie (sponsored by Ansible, thanks Ansible!)
- Saturday 6 : Infra hackfest with Kevin
- Sunday 7 : Infra hackfest with Kevin
- Monday 8 : Infra hackfest with Kevin
- Tuesday 9 : Travel back
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Red Hat Tower -- Room 9S416 "Fedora"
- Date: December 4th to December 9th
- Important skills (one or more)
- python coders
- infra admins
- Personnel (people who might fit the bill)
- Matt (MirrorManager 1 author) Confirmed
- Pingou (MirrorManager2 author, infrastructure contributor) Confirmed
- Kevin (Infrastructure) Confirmed
- Patrick (Infrastructure) Confirmed
- Smooge (Infrastructure) Confirmed
- Ralph (Infrastructure) Confirmed
- David (MirrorManager manager for atomic) Confirmed
- Name (location, role) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Other considerations
- Potential social events
- Getting around
Snacks/Beverages: Details go here.
Lunch: Details go here.
Dinner: Details go here.
|Name||Travel to FAD, departure||Travel to FAD, arrival||Travel from FAD, departure||Travel from FAD, arrival||Ticket cost|
|pingou||Dec 2nd, 10:50am||Dec 2nd 8:49pm||Dec 9, 16:00pm||Dec 10, 11:00am||$972.10 w/ Air-France|
|puiterwijk||Dec 2nd, 1:00pm||Dec 2nd 7:16pm||Dec 9, 6:00pm||Dec 10, 10:50am||$985.80 w/ Delta|
|mdomsch||Dec 3||Dec 3||Dec 5 late or Dec 6||Travel expenses paid by Dell. Will get a rental car.|
|ralph||Dec 3, 2:20pm||Dec 3, 6:29pm||Dec 9, 9:00am||Dec 9, 1:44pm||$350|
|lmacken||Dec 3, 12:15pm||Dec 3, 6:57pm||Dec 9, 11:25am||Dec 9, 3:30pm||$292.69|
|kfenzi||Dec 3, 5:45pm||Dec 3, 10:50pm||Dec 9, 9:00am||Dec 9, 11:05am||$309.20|
|dgay||Dec 3, 11:00am||Dec 3, 9:05pm||Dec 9, 8:40am||Dec 9, 2:55pm||$507.20|
|smooge||Dec 3, 6:45am||Dec 3, 4:00pm||Dec 14, 9:40 am||Dec 14, 16:05||296.00|
$145/night (+taxes) for the Sheraton hotel: 421 South Salisbury St- Raleigh, NC 27601 3 rooms for 6 nights 1 room for 7 nights (2 persons per room)
(estimate according to orbitz.com on October 7th)
► Raleigh (RDU)
TLS -> RDU => ~$957 - Delta AMS -> RDU => ~$692 - Delta SEA -> RDU => ~$510 - Delta ROC -> RDU => ~$260 - Delta HOU -> RDU => $0 - Matt said he was taking care of it himself DEN -> RDU => ~$295 - Delta ABQ -> RDU => ~$400 - Delta DEN -> RDU => ~$295 - Delta ------ $3409
- Total: 3409
- Housing: $150/night for the Sheraton hotel: 421 South Salisbury St- Raleigh, NC 27601
We would need 4 rooms (2 people per room) for 6 nights.
- Total cost: $3576
- Food: $25 per day and people = 25*8*5 = $1000
Total budget: $3409 + $3576 + $1000 = $7985