This page is for recording logistics like temporary lodging info, things to bring, and so forth. Return to FUDCon Toronto 2009
- 1 Buses
- 2 Venue
- 3 Hotel
- 4 Room sharing
- 5 Boston lodging
- 6 Ground Transportation
- 7 FUDPub
- 8 Map
- 9 Food
- 10 Printed Material
|TravelPackUSA||$525/day for 15ppl||
|R.C. Herrmann||(need quote)||
|Cavalier Coach||(quote requested)||
|Yankee Line||(quote requested)||
|Nevarez||$4875 + driver hotel + gratuity||
|Local Motion of Boston||~$2700||
- FULL DETAILS AT FUDCon:Toronto 2009#Bus Travel
- Bus departs the Boston/Westford area on Friday morning, December 4
- Potential route:
- Pickup in Boston, @ Alewife station ~9:00am
- Pickup in Westford, @ Red Hat ~10:00am
- Onward to Toronto, arrive ~10:30pm?
- Bus will not be available throughout weekend.
- Bus departs Toronto on Tuesday morning, December 8.
- Bus arrives in Boston/Westford Tuesday night.
- From Chris Tyler: it's worth asking for a bus with AC power at the seats -- makes laptop users happier.
- Chris, where did you book your bus? Finding AC power on tour buses is proving very difficult.
- Several of the Canadian carriers had AC-enabled buses. We used Great Canadian.
- Chris, where did you book your bus? Finding AC power on tour buses is proving very difficult.
- From Paul Frields: If we pack at least 12-15 people on the bus, we do better than breaking even.
People riding the bus
|5||Tom "spot" Callaway||Westford|
|7||Mel Chua||Alewife||bus monitor #1, looking for a second. Also, I'M ON A BUS|
|12||Ian Weller||Alewife||bus monitor the second|
|18||Toshio Kuratomi||Westford||Flying in from Sacramento. I'll tag along w/ spot.|
|19||Sebastian Dziallas||return only, to Alewife||Flying into YYZ, but out from BOS.|
|21||Stephen Smoogen||Alewife||Flying into Boston. Can get motel room near Alewife if possible. Bringing D&D for bustrip. Bus Monitor #3.|
|22||Adam Miller||Alewife||Needs crash space|
|25||John (J5) Palmieri||Alewife|
|28||Sarah Lumens||Westford||Only riding back from Toronto, so please don't include in count on the way to FUDCon.|
Seneca@York - 70 The Pond Rd, Toronto, Ontario
Saturday/Sunday - SEQ building
- Room 1 - S1206: 160-seat stepped theatre
- Room 2 - S1208: 128-seat stepped theatre
- Room 3 - S1209: Large glassed-in room (roughly 60-seat capacity depending on layout)
- Room 4 - S1200: Classroom (tables)
- Room 5 - S1201: Classroom (tables)
- Room 6 - S2168: Large glassed-in room (roughly 60-seat capacity depending on layout)
- Room 7 - S2169: Classroom (case study room)
- Room 8 - S2171: Classroom (tables)
- Room 9 - S2172: Classroom (tables) (backup)
- Room 10 - S2173: Classroom (tables) (backup)
Each room has at least:
- video projector with 15-pin sub-D (VGA) input
- dual-boot podium PC (SUSE/Windows)
Stepped theatres also have document cameras.
On Sunday, rooms A-E below could also be made available. In particular, Room B may be useful for the F2F board and FESCo meetings.
Monday - TEL Building
- Room A - T1009: VR room - flexible config, 30-60 people (Barco floor-to-ceiling HD video projector)
- Room B - T1012: 18-seat conference room (portable projector)(conference speakerphone)
- Room C - T1030: 8-seat "Fishbowl" conference room (projector with VGA input)
- Room D - T1042: 6-seat meeting room (portable projector)
- Room E - T1014: Large classroom with round tables and chairs (projector with VGA input)
- Room 6 - S1208: Upper Kaleidoscope, 60+ seat glassed-in room (projector with VGA input, dual-boot podium computer) (SEQ building) (reserved for Dan Walsh talk to students, 10-noon)
Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) Toronto/Vaughan - $105/night double occupancy, free King suite for hospitality (e.g., Hack Room)
- Located at Hwy 7 & Interchange Way - 10 minutes by car or Viva rapid transit.
- Internet access: wired and wireless, password-free.
- 3 years old.
- Food options nearby, restaurant in hotel, room service available.
- Free parking (including the bus).
- Pool, fitness room.
This table is the current reservation status with the hotel as we know it; for information on what the roommate situation should be, see #Room sharing. The two lists should be identical by Friday night.
The short of it is that we need 17 rooms for 4 nights (Fri-Tues).
|Name||Check-in (FUDBus means Friday)||Check-out (FUDBus means Tuesday)||Days needed (FUDBus both ways = 4)||Roommate||"Reservation? Y=yes, all set, M=maybe, need to confirm details, N=known no"||Cost to F-Eng||Cost to CommArch||Notes|
|Bill Nottingham||Friday||Monday||4 (checking out early)||Stephen Smoogen||Y||200||0|
|Stephen Smoogen||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Bill Nottingham||Y||200||0|
|Toshio Kuratomi||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Mike McGrath||Y||200||0|
|Mike McGrath||Friday||Tuesday||4||Toshio Kuratomi||Y||200||0|
|Paul W. Frields||Friday||Tuesday||4||Clint Savage||Y||200||0|
|Clint Savage||Friday||Tuesday||4||Paul Frields||Y||200||0|
|Adam Miller||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||John Rose||Y||200||0|
|John Rose||Friday||Tuesday||4||Adam Miller||Y||200||0|
|Mel Chua||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Diana Martin||Y||0||200|
|Diana Martin||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Mel Chua||Y||0||200|
|Mairin Duffy||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Mel Chua and Diana Martin, or none||N - triple of existing room, need to arrange||0||200|
|Luke Macken||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Remy DeCausemaker||Y||200||0|
|Remy DeCausemaker||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Luke Macken||Y||200||0|
|Tom 'spot' Callaway||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Dennis Gilmore||Y||200||0||roommate is self-sponsored|
|Dave Malcolm||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Dan Walsh||Y||200||0||roommate is self-sponsored|
|Dan Walsh||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Dave Malcolm||Y||0||0||self-sponsored|
|Dennis Gilmore||4||Tom 'spot' Callaway||Y||200||0||self-sponsored|
|John Palmieri||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Steven Parrish||Y||200||0|
|Steven Parrish||Friday||Tuesday||4||John Palmieri||Y||200||0|
|Sebastian Dziallas||Friday||FUDBus||4||Peter Robinson||Y||200||0||roommate is self-sponsored|
|Peter Robinson||3||Sebastian Dziallas||0||0||self-sponsored|
|Ian Weller||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Bert Desmet||Y||200||0||roommate is self-sponsored|
|Bert Desmet||Friday||Monday||3 (but paying for 4)||Ian Weller||Y||0||0||self-sponsored|
|Matthew Daniels||Friday||Monday||3||Jon Stanley||Y||200||0|
|Jon Stanley||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Matthew Daniels||Y||200||0|
|Rex Dieter||Friday||Tuesday||4||Luya Tshimbalanga||Y||0||200||roommate is self-sponsored|
|Luya Tshimbalanga||Friday||Tuesday||4||Rex Dieter||Y make sure name change from Aaron Seigo||0||0||self-sponsored|
|Ben Boeckel||Friday||Tuesday||4||Rob Escriva||Y||0||200||roommate is self-sponsored|
|Rob Escriva||Friday||Tuesday||4||Ben Boeckel||Y||0||0||self-sponsored|
|Xavier Lamien||4||Yaakov Nemoy||Y||0||200|
|Yaakov Nemoy||Friday||Tuesday||4||Xavier Lamien||Y||0||200|
|Bernie Innocenti||FUDBus||FUDBus||4||Simon Birtwistle||Y||0||200|
|Simon Birtwistle||Friday||Tuesday||4||Bernie Innocenti||Y||0||200|
|Brennan Ashton||4||Jaroslav Reznik||Y||200||0|
|Jaroslav Reznik||4||Brennan Ashton||Y||200||0|
All reservations are for 4 nights with the listed team (Fedora Engineering or Community Architecture) paying 100% of the cost unless otherwise specified. The first person on the list is the name the reservation is under, though the hotel knows about both parties so that either person can check in first. Costs are still approximate, but should be close enough for budget happiness all 'round.
From the Fedora Engineering budget
- $400 - Bill Nottingham (*) + Stephen Smoogen (Need to make sure this is for 4 nights.)
- $400 - Toshio Kuratomi (*) + Michael McGrath
- $200 - Tom Callaway (*) + Dennis Gilmore (Dennis paying for self)
- $200 - Luke Macken (*) + Remy DeCausemaker (Remy paying for self)
- $400 - Jaroslav Reznik (*) + Brennan Ashton
- $400 - John Palmieri (*) + Steven Parrish
F-eng total: $2000
From the Community Architecture budget
- $200 - Rob Escriva (*) + Ben Boeckel (Rob paying for self) (Need to make sure this is in our group block.)
- $400 - Bernie Innocenti (*) + Simon Birtwistle (new room, needs booking confirmation)
- $400 - Mel Chua (*) + Diana Martin (new room, needs booking confirmation)
- $400 - Yaakov Nemoy (*) + Xavier Lamien
- $400 - Adam Miller (*) + John Rose
- $400 - Paul Frields (*) + Clint Savage (new room, needs booking confirmation)
- $200 - Ian Weller (*) + Bert Desmet (Bert paying for self)
- $400 - Rex Dieter (*) + Aaron Seigo
CommArch definite total: $2800
- $200 or 400 - Peter Robinson (*) + Jon Stanley (roommate pairing may be incorrect, may be Matthew/Peter and Sebastian/Jon)
- $400 - Matthew Daniels (*) + Sebastian Dziallas (roommate pairing may be incorrect, may be Matthew/Peter and Sebastian/Jon)
CommArch needs-to-be-resolved total: somewhere between $600 and $800
CommArch final total: somewhere between $3400 and $3600
For people coming in from out of town and riding the FUDBus. A blank spot in the table means that person does not yet have housing confirmed (to our knowledge) and needs a couch, please contact them if you can help (and update the table if you need or have found housing!)
Need Boston lodging
If you need housing, make sure you're on this list. If you find housing, please update your entry on this list so we know that you're taken care of. In order to find housing, you may want to contact the people who #Can offer Boston lodging directly.
|Person needing lodging||Pre-FUDBus host||Post-FUDBus host|
|Toshio Kuratomi||Spot Callaway||Spot Callaway|
|Sebastian Dziallas||not needed||Mel Chua|
|Jon Stanley||Spot Callaway (if needed - contact Spot)||Spot Callaway (if needed - contact Spot)|
|Stephen Smoogen||David Malcolm||David Malcolm|
|Adam Miller||Bernie Innocenti||Bernie Innocenti|
|Jesse Keating||Jarod Wilson||Jarod Wilson|
|Christopher Aillon||Spot Callaway (if needed - contact Spot)||Spot Callaway (if needed - contact Spot)|
|Ian Weller||John 'J5' Palmieri||John 'J5' Palmieri|
Can offer Boston lodging
If you can offer Boston lodging, put yourself on this list. Optionally, get directly in touch with people who #Need Boston lodging. Once you no longer have space to offer people who need Boston lodging, take your name off this list.
- John Palmieri, see details on accomodations
- Seneca@York buildings are 8-10 minutes from hotel by Viva (2 stops). Rates are $3.25 cash or $26/10 tickets.
- Parking at York is abundant but expensive ($14/day). Parking at hotel is free, so attendees should consider the Viva option.
Here's a map of all the nearby facilities.
- Get carts out of storage (containing shirts, badge inserts, signs, map handouts)
- Get rooms unlocked
- Set up table with badges, shirts, map handouts
- Put up additional directional signage, including outside
- Power up A/V systems including video link between room A and room B
- Set up upper/lower K and classrooms with movable chairs
- Place whiteboard markers in each room
RH will buy food - bag lunches with:
- deli sandwich (or grilled veggie wrap)
- veggie sticks
- small bag of chips
- large cookie
- bottled water
Lunches are provided for the first 130 attendees only.
We have labels for vegetarian meals, need to be applied to their bag lunches to reserve them.
Attendees pay for food, but as the cafeteria is closed we will be getting catered pizza (approx. $4/person) and asking people to chip in.
On your own. There is a cafeteria at Seneca, and food places nearby.
Need to print (on Seneca's colour laser):
Name badges, with wireless login info on the back
Stickers with vegetarians' names on them for Saturday lunch - to help avoid veggie lunches being scooped by others (per Andrew Overholt's suggestion)
Room signage (room IDs)
11" wide x 17" tall room signs with the tech session times on them, can have session names filled in with marker once the barcamp schedule is finalized
- Info handout?
- Campus maps, showing location of food, FUDcon rooms, parking, and transit stops.
- Hack room info
- IRC info
- Social events - FUDPub, Skating, Hack 'n' Snack
- Place for filling out a personal barcamp schedule
- Podium signs (we found it useful at FSOSS to put signs with the event name on the podium or on the wall behind the podium, so that when people take pictures of the speakers the signs are included)
- IRC channel signs
- Hack room sign for hotel
Other supplies (Seneca can probably provide these):
- Frosted tape for signs
- Whiteboard markers for tech session rooms
- Post-it notes for hotel hack room
- Low-tack masking tape (painter's tape)
- Power bars and extension cords