Upgrade Firefox to the latest release in the Mozilla 1.9.1 series. This equates to Firefox 3.5 (formerly known as Firefox 3.1).
- Name: ChristopherAillon
- Targeted release: Fedora 11
- Last updated: 03-MAR-2009
- Percentage of completion: 100% (All known packages have been rebuilt against XR 1.9.1 -- and the mass rebuild helped ensure that any stragglers got rebuilt.)
Rebase Firefox to the latest 3.5 release. This involves a rebase of XULRunner to 1.9.1 as well, and includes rebuilds of some dependent packages.
Benefit to Fedora
There are many improvements to the code in the XR1.9.1/FF3.5 branch including some nice performance wins. It will also give Fedora the latest release in the new line of code and prevent us from having a stale release which could potentially be EOL'd by upstream during F11's lifetime.
Requires rebasing xulrunner and firefox packages to the latest versions upstream and rebuild several packages.
- Mozilla upstream has a great testsuite, run it on i386 and x86_64
- Work with Fedora QA to ensure that we have sufficient coverage
- Browsing should be somewhat faster due to various improvements
- New private browsing mode
- xulrunner-1.9.1 (already in rawhide)
There is no turning back.