This section contains legal documents for the Fedora Project. These documents govern Fedora Project releases and this site.
- "Fedora" and the Fedora logo are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc.
- This is a community-maintained site. Red Hat, Inc. is not responsible for its content.
- All other trademarks throughout this wiki are the property of their respective owners.
The Wiki and the entire contents of fedoraproject.org and getfedora.org are copyright (c) 2003 - 2015 Red Hat, Inc. and others.
Links to Third Party Sites
This website may be linked to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by the Fedora Project. The Fedora Project and Red Hat are not responsible for the content of those sites. We provide these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply endorsement by the Fedora Project or Red Hat of those sites. We reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time.
Note Regarding fedora.info
Cornell University and the University of Virginia offer an open source digital object repository software under the mark FEDORA Project. Red Hat's Fedora Project is not affiliated, connected or associated with the FEDORA Project of Cornell University and the University of Virginia. Cornell University and the University of Virginia do not sponsor, approve of, or endorse Red Hat's Fedora Project.
There are many software applications that are not included in Fedora due to incompatibility with our licensing guidelines of including only legally unencumbered Free and open source software. You can find a list of the common ones with brief explanations at the ForbiddenItems page.
Please see Legal/Licenses.
There is a Bugzilla tracker bug named FE-Legal. If a package review ticket is blocked by the FE-Legal tracker bug, this means that the person who set the block believes that the package raises an issue under Fedora's Licensing Guidelines or other aspects of the Fedora Project's legal policies.
Package reviews blocked by the FE-Legal tracker bug cannot be approved or imported until the block is lifted by Fedora Legal.
The Trademark Guidelines
These are the guidelines that protect the Fedora name and brand.
Certain restrictions may apply to Fedora Project releases.
Legal Guidelines For Fonts
Open Legal Issues
Issues that have been allotted to the Fedora Legal team for expert advise are available from the FedoraLegalIssues page.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
To file a notice of infringement with us, please provide the following information to the Red Hat-designated copyright agent listed below:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1.
- An address, telephone number, and an email address where the alleged infringing party can contact you.
- The following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- The following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Your electronic or physical signature.
To file a counter notification with us, please provide the following information to the Red Hat-designated copyright agent listed below:
- A description of the material that Red Hat has removed or to which Red Hat has disabled access.
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or Wake County, North Carolina if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of infringement or an agent of such person.
- The following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- Your electronic or physical signature.
Red Hat has registered a designated agent with the Copyright Office pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). Please send notifications of infringement and counter notifications to the designated agent at:
Assistant General Counsel, IP Red Hat, Inc. 100 East Davie Street Raleigh, NC 27601 fax: +1 919-754-3704
If you have any legal questions that can be discussed in public, post to email@example.com . If you have any private legal questions send a mail to legal AT fedoraproject.org.