Fedora Project Board Meeting :: Tuesday 2008-01-22
Attendees: Paul Frields, Chris Aillon, Seth Vidal, Karsten Wade, John Poelstra, Bill Nottingham, Jef Spaleta, Steve Dickson, Matt Domsch, Dennis Gilmore. Regrets: Jack Aboutboul, Bob McWirther, Max Spevack
Red Hat Summit in Boston
- Fedora talks
- "Open source track"
- Hackfest space
- What are the logistics?
- Whether and how to handle a barcamp?
- There will be a Fedora booth
- Could the expo floor be comp'd for FUDCon attendees?
ACTIONS: 1. Steve Dickson to track down details to understand how Summit participants and FUDCon attendees will mix? 1. Max and Greg D are having a meeting with Shay and Leigh (Summit organizers) before the next Board call and will report back
FUDCon & Contributor Survey
- FUDCon survey sent to marketing people
- What would be a useful way to query the contributors?
- What types of questions would help get to the bottom of the issues?
- Query contributors from the perspective of where we should invest people resoures and time
ACTION: Need a board member to own this item--followup at next meeting
Areas of Fedora That Need More Attention?
- QA and testing
- What is the situation with open sourcing RHTS?
- What happened with testing.108 and "Table Cloth"?
Goals For the Board
- What things would the board like to accomplish over the next year?
1. Engaging more with Upstream 1. Think more about this and followup at next meeting
- What is the status of it and who is working on it?
- previous board discussions/decisions:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2008
- 17:00 EST