(Redirected from Multimedia/fluendo-mp3)
On December 21st 2005, Fluendo released MP3 plug-in for the GStreamer multimedia framework. The MP3 decoder is available free of charge both for individual end users and GNU/Linux and Unix distribution makers. This will allow playback of the popular MP3 format using many popular open source applications such as Totem Movie Player, Rhythmbox Music Player.
- fluendo.com/press/fluendo-announces-free-mp3-audio-decoding-gnulinux-and-unix/ (copy from 2014)
Here is a basic procedure for installing the Fluendo MP3 plugin for GStreamer:
- Visit Fluendo Webshop and click on "ONEPLAY MP3 Decoder."
- Click on "Add to Cart" button and follow by "Checkout" button.
- Sign in either as a new customer or returning customer. Continue Checkout Procedure to confirm this order. After confirming your order, you can download the codec in various formats. The most comfortable option is RPM.
- If you've downloaded the file as an RPM, just double-click and install it. Otherwise, extract the tarball and read the documenation/INSTALL.mp3.txt.
$ ls fluendo-mp3-1.i386.tar.bz2 $ tar -jxvf fluendo-mp3-1.i386.tar.bz2 fluendo-mp3-i386/ fluendo-mp3-i386/libgstflump3dec.so documentation/INSTALL.mp3.txt documentation/LICENSE.mp3.txt $ ls documentation fluendo-mp3-1.i386.tar.bz2 fluendo-mp3-i386 $ cd fluendo-mp3-i386/ $ ls libgstflump3dec.so
- Basically, you need to create a plugins directory under $HOME/.gstreamer-0.10 then copy the binary over.
$ mkdir -p $HOME/.gstreamer-0.10/plugins $ cp libgstflump3dec.so $HOME/.gstreamer-0.10/plugins $ chcon --type=textrel_shlib_t $HOME/.gstreamer-0.10/plugins/*.soThe last step may not be necessary if selinux is disabled.
- If selinux is enabled, make sure that executable stacks are enabled (see System > Administration > SELinux Management > Boolean > Memory Protection > Allow unconfined executables to mark their stack executable).
- Now, you should be able to play MP3 files using GStreamer applications such as Totem Movie Player, Rhythmbox Music Player, Banshee Music player or the Elisa Media center.
If you're experiencing a difficulty installing plugins, please refer to following fluendo ticket.