(Redirected from No Frozen Rawhide Implentation)
This page tracks the actual implementation of the No Frozen Rawhide (NFR) Proposal.
- Install images are no longer being created for rawhide.
- To install rawhide follow the instructions at: FIXME
- Links to public announcements: FIXME
- Bodhi modifications have been made (details & patch), deployed to staging, and tested
- Mash tested and confirmed to have the ability to create two trees at the same time in our infrastructure
- Communicated new layout to the mirrors
- Worked out location to hold test images of rawhide and last known good
- New paths primed on master mirror via hardlinks
- buildrawhide script updated to keep hardlink paths updated until freeze
- <insert other things that are done>
To implement for Fedora 13, all of the following must be accomplished by Alpha Freeze (currently scheduled for 2010-02-16).
- Create buildpendingtree script to compose the branched content each night
- Create a single rsync script to run after both buildrawhide and buildpendingtree are done
- Deploy new bodhi code into production
- Update fedora-release(-rawhide) for new paths
- Turn on mirrormanager for new paths
- Continue to produce rawhide as a repo of packages without install images
- At alpha freeze, branch CVS for F-13
- devel/ now builds for F-14, reflect that in fedora-release and koji
- rawhide builds are published to pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/
- F-13 builds are published to pub/fedora/linux/development/13/
- Potential F-13 builds are published to pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/13/ either nightly or as part of standard updates pushes.
- Bodhi will be used for managing builds from F-13. Push to testing goes to the updates-testing location. Push to stable goes to the development/13 path.
- Install images created in the development/13 path.
- Packages in the critical path will require positive karma from releng or qa before allowed to go stable. Packages outside the critical path will be managed just as updates are now.
- At F13 Release Candidate stage, pushes to "stable" will go to pub/fedora/linux/updates/13/ instead of the Everything/ path. Release blocking fixes will be pulled into Everything/
- Packages will be signed as part of the updates process, as well as "automatically" as builds happen
- Collect links to all rawhide pages on the wiki
- Rework all wiki pages describing rawhide to reflect NFR
- Public announcement blitz about no rawhide install images for Fedora 13
Unresolved Questions & Topics
- What do we call the pending release tree?
- How are buildroot overrides handled, freeze break needs vs 0-day update needs
- Increased number of "double" commits (things committed to rawhide, and duplicated on the release branch)
- Relies on updates-testing to drive feedback for freeze breaks, and updates-testing is not as well used as it could be.
- Division of our testers between rawhide and the pending release
- Are we now Debian (Unstable, testing, stable)
- Potential to break chain-builds even more depending on when we force things through bodhi