(Redirected from QA/TestCases/InstallSourceHardDrive)
This test is designed to test installation from an ISO image on a local disk partition by
- Prepare a system with a spare disk partition to store a 4.5Gib ISO image. Typically, this can be accomplished by booting into the installer and proceeding to the disk partitioning step
- Create a 5G physical disk partition (cannot be a LVM logical volume) with mount point
/iso. Remember the disk partition device (e.g.
/dev/sdc4) as this will be needed in later steps.
- Complete the installation as desired.
How to test
- Copy the installation ISO image into the
/isodirectory. For Fedora 14 and earlier, the installation program also requires that you copy the
images/install.imgfile from the DVD into partition containing the ISO image (e.g.
/iso/images/install.img). In Fedora 15 and newer, only the ISO image is needed.
- Boot your system into the installation program using any available means. As of Fedora 15, you must add the boot argument
askmethodso you can direct the installer to perform a hard drive installation method.
- When prompted, select Hard drive as your installation source
- Select the disk partition where you copied the ISO image. Note, this was the disk partition created in #Setup above.
- Complete the installation as desired
- Anaconda uses the install repository from the hard disk provided
- Anaconda completes the hard drive installation successfully
- Package errors (install.log) should not occur
- System boots successfully