This test case tests the installation of 389 Directory Server instance.
NOTE: This includes only instance setup testing, not the console. Full documentation on setting up 389 Directory Server instance can be found here if needed.
How to test
1. Install 389-ds-base package.
dnf install 389-ds-base
This will install 389-ds-base, 389-ds-base-libs and their dependencies.
2. Now setup the Directory Server instance using setup-ds.pl
This will ask you for some configuration questions, carefully read and answer. Optionally you can make answer file to setup the instance.
3. At the end of the setup, a message will display as:
Your new DS instance 'example' was successfully created. Exiting . . . Log file is '/tmp/setupkL4chw.log'
This means your DS instance is ready.
- Directory Server should be up and running
- One can check the process by checking slapd process should be running, as::
[root@localhost ~]# ps -aef | grep [n]s-slapd dirsrv 1845 1 11 10:22 ? 00:00:03 /usr/sbin/ns-slapd -D /etc/dirsrv/slapd-example -i /var/run/dirsrv/slapd-example.pid