This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Logger reporting plugin.
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c 'dnf install libreport-plugin-logger'
- Turn on the logger workflow
sudo sed -i 's/# EVENT/EVENT/' /etc/libreport/workflows.d/report_logger.conf
- Confirm that the abrtd and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill some running process: kill -SIGSEGV (pid) or run
will_segfault. It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package.
- Run Problem Reporting application.
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, then click Report.
- When you reach reporter selector page, select Export the problem data information to a text file
- Go through the reporting process until a dialog asking for Log File path appears.
- Fill in the path and continue
- Click through to the last window of the wizard
- After you finish the steps in wizard in the log you should see "The report was stored/appended to <FILENAME>"
- Open the log file and see if crash information is in it and is well-formatted