(Redirected from QA:Testcase ABRT Mailx)
This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Mailx plugin.
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c 'dnf install libreport-plugin-mailx'
- Ensure you have sendmail installed with the command
su -c 'dnf install sendmail'
- Ensure that the abrtd and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Turn on the mailx workflow
sudo sed -i 's/# EVENT/EVENT/' /etc/libreport/workflows.d/report_mailx.conf
- Kill some running process: kill -SIGSEGV (pid) or run
will_segfault. It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package
- Start gnome-abrt (either from cmdline or from application menu)
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, then choose Report
- At reporting step, choose Send the problem data via email as a reporting event
- Update Subject, Sender and Recepient
- Proceed to reporting using "Forward"/"Apply" buttons
- If reporting is unsuccessful, please include the reporting log in your abrt bug report. Reporting log can be cut and pasted from the GUI report window, or retrieved from event_log file in problem data directory (e.g.
- Check the the email if the message from ABRT has arrived (might take a few minutes).