Install Fedora CoreOS and add OS extensions
- Download and verify the latest FCOS next image (pick the right image for your environment).
How to test
- Create an Ignition file. When writing the configuration, provide a systemd unit which installs a package using
rpm-ostree install. The documentation uses
vimas an example, but feel free to use another package of your choice (or even multiple packages).
- Launch your Fedora CoreOS system using this Ignition file. See the Quickstart and the provisioning docs for a guide how to launch FCOS in most environments (bare metal, virtual, cloud, etc).
- You can SSH successfully into your FCOS system.
- The package is successfully layered and usable.
- The linked documentation makes sense, nothing is obviously missing, and the instructions are clear.