Install Fedora CoreOS using a customized, complex partitioning configuration.
- Download and verify the latest FCOS next image (pick the right image for your environment).
- Figure out how you'd like to partition your FCOS instance (it should be a non-trivial case).
How to test
- Create an Ignition file. When writing configuration, provide a custom storage specification. You can take inspiration from the examples under Disks and File systems sections.
- Launch your Fedora CoreOS system using this Ignition file. See Launching FCOS for a guide how to launch FCOS in most environments (bare metal, virtual, cloud, etc).
- You can SSH successfully into your FCOS system.
- The FCOS system partitioning matches your Ignition file configuration (the disks are partitioned correctly, partitions have correct filesystems, etc).
- The linked documentation makes sense, nothing is obviously missing, and the instructions are clear.