QA:Testcase Kickstart Hd Device Path Ks Cfg
This test will verify that anaconda mounts and uses a kickstart file located on a local block device.
- Prepare a valid kickstart file.
- You can use an example kickstart available from QA:Testcase Kickstart Http Server Ks Cfg.
- If you want to create your own kickstart, you can examine the file
/root/anaconda-ks.cfgon a previously installed system. This file contains the kickstart instructions used to install that system. For additional guidance on kickstart syntax, see Anaconda/Kickstart.
- Copy the kickstart file to a partition for use with this test (e.g. on a USB key, or an existing partition on your hard drive). It should be a standard type partition.
How to test
- Boot the system from the network install or DVD medium for the release under test and append the following to the boot prompt:
devicecan be specified as
UUID=uuid(see more details at inst.repo documentation). For example, to load a kickstart file called
ks.cfgfrom a partition labeled
- The system should boot from the chosen method and pause at the boot prompt
- The entry of
inst.ks=hd:device:path/ks.cfgshould be accepted without error
ks.cfgfile should be read from the specified device/path
- The installer should honor the kickstart commands provided in the
- If sufficient commands are provided to fully automate an installation, the installer must not prompt for user input.