QA:Testcase Partitioning On Software RAID
A complete installation using a software RAID device for the root (/) file system. For more details on RAID please consult http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_array_of_independent_disks .
- Use a system with multiple disks but no hardware or firmware RAID arrays for testing: a virtual machine with multiple virtual disks is fine
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means
- At the Installation Destination screen, select at least two disks, click Done.
- At Installation Options, click option "I want to review/modify…" then click Continue.
- Remove existing partitions, if necessary
- Create the required boot partitions needed for your architecture as non-RAID partitions. This includes
- Create a partition, set its mount point to / and set its type to RAID (stripe (RAID 0) or mirror (RAID 1) are both fine)
- Optionally, also create a RAID
- Finish the installation, choosing all provided defaults
- The installer should successfully create and install to the RAID devices: unrelated failures should be reported but do not constitute a failure of this test case
- After booting the installed system, inspection of
/proc/mdstatshould confirm that the partitions designated as RAID devices are in fact RAID devices