(Redirected from QA:Testcase dnf langpacks packages)
This test case tests whether RPM weak dependency-based langpacks can be queried, installed and removed, and whether they install the appropriate packages. For testing the feature rather than the availability of support for a given language, it is recommended to use a common locale, e.g. 'fr'. The results section assumes we are using langpacks-fr as an example.
How to test
- To list the already installed language support, run the following command:
dnf list installed "langpacks*"
- To check if any language support is available for another language, run the following command:
dnf list available "langpacks*"
- To list what packages will get installed for any language, run the following command:
dnf repoquery --whatsupplements langpacks-<locale_code>
- To add new language support, run the following command:
dnf install langpacks-<locale_code>
- To remove installed language support, run the following command:
dnf remove langpacks-<locale_code>
dnf list installed "langpacks*"should list any installed langpacks.
dnf list available "langpacks*"should list many results for different locales.
dnf repoquery --whatsupplements langpacks-frshould show a list of the packages that may be installed to provide French support for various applications and components.
dnf install langpacks-frshould install all packages that provide French support for installed applications and components (but not packages relating to non-installed applications and components). For e.g. if Libreoffice is installed,
libreoffice-langpack-frshould be installed, but not if Libreoffice is not installed.
dnf remove langpacks-frshould remove
langpacks-frand all the support packages that were installed along with it.