QA:Testcase ibus gnome shell
This test-case is for the ibus gnome-shell extension available in F15 or later.
How to test
Now GNOME uses GNOME-Shell and owns the panel icon for IBus so we use gnome-control-center or gnome-tweak-tool for the settings instead of ibus-setup.
- You need to add ibus engines using 'gnome-control-center region'.
- You need to enable ibus trigger keys using 'gnome-control-center keyboard'.
- wayland still may need 3D acceleration for the glaphics cards.
- General test:
- Focus on a text application (e.g. gedit or gnome-terminal) and type the ibus trigger key (e.g. Super + Space) several times.
- IBus settings:
- 'gnome-control-center region' shows IME setting button.
- 'gnome-control-center keyboard' shows IME trigger key.
- Keymap settings:
- Click on ibus status icon and choose "Region and Language Settings" menu item.
- Lookup window test:
- Focus on a text application and type an ibus trigger key (e.g. Super + Space) and type a char and Space key sevaral time to show the ibus lookup window.
- General test: ibus status icon shows language characters (e.g. 'us') for the keymap engines and IM symbol characters (e.g. 'あ') for IM engines (e.g. ibus-anthy).
- IBus settings: gnome-control-center shows the setting button.
- Keymap settings: 'gnome-control-center region' is launched.
- Lookup window test: clutter based lookup window is shown.