This is to verify that an installation can be performed from a HTTP/FTP repository configured in the Anaconda GUI.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available non-live means (anything except
- Change the installation source to point to a custom HTTP/FTP repository
- You can pick one from the list of mirrors or you can use the default redirect http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/28/x86_64/os (change the architecture to match the architecture of your installation media if needed, e.g. i386).
- Proceed with installation
- The installer accepts the HTTP/FTP repository definition
- The said repository is used for installation. This can be checked by examining the
/tmp/packaging.logfile. Example output:
09:34:37,295 DEBUG packaging: adding yum repo anaconda with baseurl http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/28/x86_64/os and mirrorlist None 09:34:37,313 DEBUG packaging: disabling repo fedora 09:34:37,313 DEBUG packaging: disabling repo updates-testing 09:34:37,314 DEBUG packaging: disabling repo updates
- The installation completes and the new system initiates boot properly