QA:Testcase install to firmware RAID
This test case verifies that installing on a firmware RAID device works properly. Testing on bare metal (not in a virtual machine) is preferred for this test case.
- Prepare a test system with a working firmware RAID storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means
- On the Installation Destination screen, click Add a disk... under Specialized & Network Disks
- On the Firmware RAID tab, select all detected firmware RAID volumes
- Partition as you like, but bugs in partitioning that are not related to the firmware RAID device type are outside the scope of this test
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options
- Boot the installed system
- All installable firmware RAID devices are successfully detected by installer and are available for partitioning.
- Partitions are created and formatted properly.
- Install completes successfully.
- System boots successfully recognizing filesystems created on the firmware RAID device(s).