QA:Testcase partitioning custom no swap
An installation without specifying a swap partition. When a system has sufficient memory, the installer should warn, but not restrict this request.
- Prepare a test system with a working, supported storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Ensure only the single target device you prepared is selected as the installation target disk.
- Ensure the option to configure partitioning yourself is selected, and complete this screen.
- On the MANUAL PARTITIONING screen, delete all existing partitions (if any).
- Click the Click here to create them automatically link
- Delete the swap partition that is automatically created
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.
- Anaconda should warn that system performance may suffer without a swap partition
- Anaconda should allow the installation to complete successfully for systems with sufficient system memory. For systems with insufficient memory, anaconda must require the presence of a
- No swap partition should be in use (you can check