QA:Testcase partitioning guided encrypted
This test case tests whether encryption can be successfully used during a guided partitioning-based system installation.
- Prepare a test system with a working, supported storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Ensure the target device you prepared is selected as the installation target disk.
- Ensure the option to let the installer handle partitioning is set.
- Select the option to encrypt the installation ("Encrypt my data") and complete this screen.
- After installation is complete, perform QA:Testcase_base_startup to ensure the installed system boots correctly with the encrypted partition.
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.
- The system should prompt for the encryption passphrase early in the boot process, and successfully unlock the encrypted partitions and complete boot only if the correct passphrase is entered.