QA:Testcase system-config-network wifi WEP
system-config-network can configure and connect to a wireless network using WEP encryption. You will need 2 systems to perform this test. One system must be hosting a wireless network, the other will be testing connectivity to the network.
Steps To Reproduce
- On the machine under test, start system-config-network
- Typically by selecting System -> Administration -> Network
- Under the Devices tab, select the wireless network, then click the Edit button
- Under the General tab, de-select the following:
- Controlled by NetworkManager
- Under the Wireless Settings tab, select:
- Mode: auto
- Network name: Specified - enter the name of a nearby wireless network to connect
- Network name: Key - enter the WEP key for the desired network
- Save your changes by selecting OK
- Now select Activate in the main system-config-network window.
The following must be true to consider this a successful test run.
- The application system-config-network runs to completion without error
- You have networking connection to Internet or other systems in your local network.