If you're a contributor going to the Summit (e.g. for your company), you may want to add your name to the list below. This might help everyone to travel together (to their domestic airport, to the USA, to Chicago and to the hotel) and of course to see what fellows are going to be there one could join for a beer. Other activities will be added as appropriate.
- Tuesday to Friday, 2009-09-01/04
|001||Sandro Mathys||2009-08-31T15:35-0500||2009-09-07T19:15-0500||O'Hare (ORD)||Staying at the Hilton during the summit, elsewhere afterwards|
|002||Matt Domsch||2009-09-01||2009-09-03||O'Hare (ORD)||Presenting 11am Friday.|
|003||John Rose||2009-09-01 14:30||2009-09-04 19:15||O'Hare (ORD)|
|004||Jeroen van Meeuwen||TBD||TBD||O'Hare (ORD)||Not confirmed.|
|005||Brian Powell||TBD||TBD||O'Hare (ORD)|
|006||Paul W. Frields||2009-09-01 13:50||2009-09-04 16:49||O'Hare (ORD)||Speaker|
|007||FrancescoCrippa||TBD||TBD||TBD||Bond, James Bond|
|008||Howard Johnson||2009-08-31 11:55||2009-09-06 16:15||O'Hare (ORD)|
|010||Scott McBrien||Sat Aug 29 17:00||Sat Sep 5 17:30||O'Hare (ORD)||Staying at the Blackstone Hotel|
|011||Michaell Stahnke||Tues||Fri||MDW||Speaker (second one)|
|012||Ray Van Dolson||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|013||Chris St. Pierre||Tue, 1 Sep, 11:33 AM||Fri, 4 Sep, 5:05 PM||ORD|
|014||Máirín Duffy (mizmo)||Tue, 1 Sep, 10:30 AM||Sun, 6 Sep 9:35 PM||ORD||Staying @ Hilton; Will be working as a volunteer|
|015||Leandro César||2009-09-01 10:45||2009-09-06 15:45||O'Hare (ORD)||Staying at the Hilton Hotel|
|016||Ricardo Arguello||2009-08-31 8:30 PM||2009-09-05 10:30 AM||O'Hare (ORD)||Staying at the Travelodge Hotel|
Fedora has a table where we can greet attendees and provide information, technical assistance, and anything else appropriate. Paul is responsible for the booth staffing, since he is accountable to Red Hat for our overall presence at this customer-focused event.
Time at the booth has been organized to fit the Summit schedule as closely as possible.
|Tuesday, September 1|
|15:00-18:00||Paul W. Frields inode0 HowardJ||Booth setup, only registration is happening at this time. Setup should not take 3 hours, especially if a few people can help. We'll go the welcome reception afterward!|
|Wednesday, September 2|
|07:30-08:30||Paul W. Frields|
|08:30-10:30||Closed for general session (keynotes)|
|10:30-11:50||Paul W. Frields|
|11:50-13:00||WE NEED YOU||(shift work over lunch break)|
|13:00-14:10||Paul W. Frields + WE NEED YOU||(Paul at interviews 14:00-16:00)|
|14:10-15:20||WE NEED YOU|
|15:20-16:30||inode0||(Paul on speech prep + delivery starting 16:00-17:30)|
|16:30-17:40||inode0 Brian Powell|
|17:40-18:50||Paul W. Frields Brian Powell||Estimated close time 18:50, then we go to the party!|
|Thursday, September 3|
|07:30-08:30||Paul W. Frields|
|08:30-10:00||Closed for general session (keynotes)|
|10:00-11:10||Paul W. Frields|
|11:10-12:20||Paul W. Frields|
|12:20-13:30||Brian Powell + WE NEED YOU||(shift work over lunch break)|
|13:30-14:40||Brian Powell||(Paul doing Red Hat interview 14:00-14:40)|
|14:40-15:50||Brian Powell||(Paul doing campground 3:00-3:50)|
|15:50-17:00||Brian Powell||(Paul doing press interviews 16:30-17:30)|
|17:00-18:30||Brian Powell||Booth stays open for happy hour in partner pavilion, then we go to the party!|
|Friday, September 4|
|09:00-11:30||Paul W. Frields, + Máirín Duffy  + WE NEED YOU||Breakdown and goodbyes|
- Paul will be around as much as humanly possible. He has a session to give on Wednesday afternoon, and interviews on Wednesday midday and Thursday late afternoon, but will be basically available other than that. He is required to meet with press, customers, and partners as needs arise, but will try and conduct as much business as possible at the booth.
- Máirín is working the Summit every other open slot :( but will try to come by if a shift or two ends early!
Live USB keys
Paul has arranged this with the Summit organizers at Red Hat. Each Summit attendee will receive a 2 GB USB key with Fedora 11 (plus updates and yum-presto) installed. There is also an instruction sheet included with each attendee's badge kit to help them use the key.
Matt Domsch has arranged to have 1GB USB keys with Fedora images pre-loaded, available at the Dell booth. Stop by and check out the cool kit there.
- Live CDs
- We may want to also provide Fedora 11 Live media at the event in the form of CDs. The Summit attendance is usually quite high, around 1400 people in 2008.
- Other inexpensive schwag
- Other paraphernalia would be a good idea, especially stickers, tattoos, case badges, and so on. (Other low-drag ideas? --stickster 17:55, 14 July 2009 (UTC))
- Event Box
- We will have one of the North American Event Boxes at this event. The precise contents will depend on what promotional materials are available at the time but it is sure to include Fedora media, t-shirts, case badges, tattoos, buttons, and stickers. It also will include one HP mini-note courtesy of HP and one XO laptop courtesy of the OLPC project for our use at the booth as well as other assorted booth supplies. --inode0 03:45, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
The booth should have the new stand-up banners installed if possible. (Do these already exist, and can they be shipped to/from the event? --stickster 17:55, 14 July 2009 (UTC))
Update: These were ordered last week, proofs to sign off on next week, delivery in time for the Summit is dicy but possible. --inode0 19:45, 09 Aug 2009 (UTC)
A Fedora dinner for us all to gather and enjoy a meal is being planned, likely around the time of booth setup on Tuesday evening. Details will be posted as they emerge. --inode0 20:00, 09 Aug 2009 (UTC)
- The dinner's been scrapped because there will be a party every night that we can attend and enjoy as a group. --stickster 14:55, 26 August 2009 (UTC)