Warren Togami's presentation is now available in Fedora Presentations page!
Fedora Events: SCALE 4X
The fourth annual Southern California Linux Expo will be held on Saturday and Sunday, February 11-12, 2006, at the Radisson Los Angeles Airport.
- February 11-12, 2006 (Saturday and Sunday)
- Enter FDORA when you purchase ticket to receive 50% off
- Warren Togami's Bio at SCALE
- Title - Why Fedora?
- Abstract - Warren Togami, founder of the Fedora Project explains what Fedora is about, why it is important to the future of Open Source Software, and how you can get involved. He will also talk about features of Fedora Core 5 including SCIM, the new Free & Open Source Software Input Method framework that is a prominent new feature of Fedora Core 5. It is used for input of languages like Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Indian.
- Talk schedule - Feb 11th at 3:00pm-4:00pm in Room C
- Full Schedule
Please add yourself if you're planning to attend.
- ThomasChung (Full Pass)
- WarrenTogami (Full Pass)
- JeffCarlson (SCALE Staff)
- EricHattemer (Full Pass)
- Contacted Vendor
- Reserved Fedora Booth
- Requested a special promo code
- Received a special promo code (see above ticket information)
- Received 3 full guest passes
- Requested 400 Fedora DVDs and 200 Fedora T-shirts (2006-01-11)
- Received 150 Fedora DVDs and 70 Fedora T-shirts (2006-01-25)
- Will burn 50 more Fedora DVDs myself for the event
- Booth #: 54
- 1 Electrical Outlet (500W)
- 1 Table and 2 Chairs
- 1 Ethernet Port (Bring a hub/switch; IP will be assinged via DHCP)
- Exhibit Hall Room: Ballroom ABCD
- Exhibit Hall Hours: 10am-6pm on Feb 11-12
- Exhibit Setup: 8am-9:30am on Feb 11
- Exhibit Tear Down: 6pm-8pm on Feb 12
Parking and Dining Information
- Radisson hotel parking - Day use: self $5.00 or valet $7.00. Overnight rates are $12 self or $15 valet.
- IMPORTANT Note: for a discount on your overnight parking, bring your parking pass with you to the SCALE booth and have it validated.
- Radisson hotel dining - The Radisson has the Century Cafe for breakfast and Lunch, Palmira for dinner, and the Concorde featuring Starbucks coffee
- Also there is a list of restaurants at http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/location.php
SCALE Staff Communications
- An IRC channel has been registered for the Expo.
- During the hours of the event, someone from SCALE will be monitoring #scale-live on irc.oftc.net.
- Staff will have badges identifying them as such, and some will have walkie-talkies.
- Feel free to corner one of them if you have questions.