Who are we?
Design Sofware is a Design Special Interest Group aimed to provide latest free and open tools for designers especially Design Team.
Contributing roles in the Design Software SIG
- Create high-quality packages of design tools featuring graphics, web, arts and some video editings.
- Document the available tools, including wiki documentation and comps.xml
- Promote the Design Suite
- Actively review each other's design-related packages to shorten the time it takes to get them approved and imported into Fedora Package Collection
- Help each other fix bugs that have been filed against design packages
- Alert each other about orphaned and soon-to-be orphaned design software packages so that we can prevent their removal
Design News websites
Useful links for tracking design related software
List of guideline for packaging a software
Design Suite is a Fedora Spin based on Workstation media showcasing the design-related tools used by Design Team in addition of audio and video editing. More information is located on Fedora Labs website.
Design Software SIG has three channels for communication:
- The mailing list email@example.com for tracking packaging process and firstname.lastname@example.org,
- The current wiki page for suggesting design software, the need of reviewing packages or joining the SIG,
- the IRC channel located on #email@example.com for designers and #firstname.lastname@example.org for packages.
A Bugzilla tracker named DESIGN-SW is set to track incoming review packages intended for design usage. The reviewer adds inside that report inside the block field.
A way to contribute is to package user favorite sofware. Here is the process below:
- Packages already in Fedora repository
- included in Design Suite
- Packages under review process
- Proposed packages
- Orphaned packages
- Rejected packages
This section tracks the latest upstream development packaged in individual Fedora People repository. Using them will help to expose bugs, and exploring new features without disturbing the main Fedora repositories. In addition, the resulting source RPM will teach upstream about the good practice of packaging.
To use these repository for testing purpose:
- access to these links below,
- put the repo file in into /etc/yum.repos.d/
- execute the update using either Software Update or input the command in terminal using DNF for Fedora 22 and later versions
sudo dnf upgradeor with YUM in older releases
sudo yum update.
- Scribus development
- Ryan Lerch Gimp Goat Invasion
- Ryan Lerch Gimp GTK3 port
- Ryan Lerch Inkscape unstable
- Ryan Lerch Inkscape GTK3 unstable