(Redirected from Test Day:2009-01-29)
|Thu January 29, 2009||From 12:00 to 21:00 UTC (8am -> 5pm EDT)||#fedora-qa (need irc help?)|
How to join?
For information on joining a Fedora Test Day, see QA/Test_Days#Where_are_Test_Days_held.3F
What to test?
This week's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
Preparing for Test Day
Depending on the speed of your connection and the time available for testing, there are several methods available to get started.
Download Required Images
Choose an option below that best suites your networking needs:
- Using a boot.iso (small download ... requires networking during install)
- Using a Live ISO image (small download ... networking not required for install)
- Using a DVD ISO (requires bandwith to download DVD image ... but networking not required for installation)
Real or Virtual
- Do you have a system that supports virtualization?
- Your best option might be to test installs using virtual systems.
- Check out the Virtualization_Quick_Start
- Do you have a spare system that you can reinstall without worry?
- In this case, you can help test by booting your spare system using the downloaded images above
- If you don't have a CD/DVD burner, you might consider using snake.
- Only one system available?
- You may still be able to test virtual systems using qemu, however the installs may be slow.
How to test?
The Anaconda/Features/NewTextUI is available for testing using an updates.img. The updates.img can be tested against Rawhide or Fedora 10.
To use the updates.img, boot the anaconda installer with the following options:
Please record your test scenarios below.
Where to file bugs
Please record any issues/defects discovered in Red Hat's Bugzilla.
- To file a NEW bug, go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&cf_qa_whiteboard=FedoraTestDay
- Existing Test Day bugs can be found at http://tinyurl.com/53thap
We'll have a host of QA and Development characters hanging out discussing bugs (aka "features"), expectations, and test areas. I've included details below for how you can contribute below.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - ChrisLumens
- Quality Assurance - User:Robertmwilliams, User:jlaska, User:wwoods