|Fedora Test Days|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on new installer features delivered based on recent activities in Features/AnacondaNewUI_Followup Fedora 19 Feature. This event covers the advanced storage setup as well as several important usability test scenarios.
If you'll decide to participate in both Usability Testing as well as in Advanced Storage Testing it would be better to start with Usability test cases.
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Quality Assurance - Marian Ganisin (mganisin), Ladislav Jozsa (ljozsa)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- Recent installation media Netinst CD (313M) or full DVD (4.2G).
- Machine for testing installations. All data will/may be lost on this machine!. Virtual machine is acceptable.
- Machine providing iSCSI target. Procedure how to setup software iSCSI target in Fedora is included in relevant test case.
- Multiple disks in test machine for several test cases. Again, virtual machine with more disk images will work.
- Test machine with BIOS/firmware RAID and few hard drives connected into relevant controller.
How to test?
All the testing will be driven by result tables below. Just pick up a test case from some table, finish it and report result back to table. If necessary also report bug to bugzilla as mentioned Test Results chapter.
- Prepare installation media Netinst CD (313M) or full DVD (4.2G) according to instructions from Installation Guide
- Optionally install virtualization support in Fedora:
# yum -y install @virtualization # service libvirtd start # cp $FEDORA_ISO /var/lib/libvirt/images/Fedora.iso
- To start virtual machine you can use this command:
# virt-install --accelerate -n test-machine101 -r 1024 -f /var/lib/libvirt/images/test-machine101.img -s 21 -c /var/lib/libvirt/images/Fedora.iso
- You can destroy virtual machine right after execution of a test case with these commands:
# virsh destroy test-machine101 # virsh undefine --remove-all-storage test-machine101
All test cases are located at QA:AnacondaNewUI_Advanced_Storage_Test_Plan.
Test cases for usability test day are located at QA:2013-05-21_Anaconda_usability_Test_Plan.
You can use result table(s) below to access particular test case directly.
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one. For each test case, use the result template to enter your result, as shown in the example result line.
|Test Case||Participants |
Please fill in only participant nick/name. For the results use 
|1.||Text mode installation (anaconda-text-1)|
|2.||Create multiple Volume Groups (anaconda-lvm-1)|
|3.||iSCSI target is part of LVM Volume Group (anaconda-lvm-2)|
|4.||LVM on top of RAID (anaconda-lvm-3)|
|5.||CHAP authentication against iSCSI target (anaconda-iscsi-1)|
|6.||Search for specific device (anaconda-storage-1)|
|1.||Installation on bios/firmware RAID|
|2.||Installation on iSCSI|
|3.||Default LVM with encryption|
|4.||Reuse /home on LVM|
|7.||Reuse existing VG|
|8.||LVM on top of sw RAID|
|9.||Reuse encrypted partitions|
|10.||Create multiple VGs|