|Fedora Test Day|
|Date||2019-07-22 to 2019-07-29|
|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Kernel 5.2.
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - jforbes (jforbes)
- Quality Assurance - Sumantro Mukherjee (sumantrom), Adam Williamson (adamw), Geoff (coremodule), Lukáš Růžička (lruzicka)
Prerequisites for Test Day
- A fully updated test day image or Fedora 29 or 30 Workstation/Server installation, either on bare metal or VM (please make sure you have no important data on that installation, things might go wrong -- don't do this on your production machine!)
- The 5.2 kernel for an existing installation from F30 koji or kernel-stabilization copr if not using the test day image. (koji is recommended for secure boot users). This kernel should install fine on F29 and F30 systems.
- Enough free space on HDD
How to test?
Run the tests
- Follow the instructions in this test case. For users running the test day image, the tests are pre-installed in
- Visit the result page and enter your result in the 'Regression' column by clicking Enter result.
- If there are any other result columns, click on the column title links to see the tests that need to be run: most column titles are links to a specific test case. Follow the instructions there, then enter your results by clicking the Enter result button for the test.
If you have problems with any of the tests, have a look in the results page. Please include the vulnerability output at the end of the test suite in the comments.
If you don't see it, please file a new bug to Bugzilla, probably against
kernelcomponent. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC #fedora-test-day or #fedora-qa and we will help you.