Fedora Ambassador for Peru
Hello, my name is Carlos Carreno, I am a systems engineer by profession. I am currently an associate professor of the University Ricardo Palma in Lima - Peru, http://www.urp.edu.pe.
Using Linux since 1995, I used slackware, debian and fedora. I am a member of the group LINURP, http://www.linurp.org/
I have participated as a speaker on issues of free software in events like FLISOL and recently at the seminar FOROTEL.
Currently working in a business partner of Redhat implemented solutions with RHEL and JBOSS EAP.
My main goal is to spread the use of Linux using the Fedora distribution in the academic sector and the university of my country. español
- Email: ccarreno
- Fedora Account: ccarreno
Activities within Fedora
- Explain the technical advantages of using the distribution fedora as the operating system
- Leading events related to research in the field of bioinformatics carried out with open source technology
- Currently I am leading a new Linux Users Group in my university using Fedora as a base system.
- I am so interested in migration tools (from Windows to Fedora/Linux).
- Also, I am interested in making Fedora easy, specially for desktop users.
- Use Fedora since 1998