For emergency inquiries, please email me im%dyi%ng (replace % with correct syntax if you don't understand read RFC 5322 first).
|Christopher 'Cicku' Meng|
|[[Image:|center|250px|Christopher 'Cicku' Meng]]|
|IRC channels:||, , , , , ,|
|Failed to decode JSON.|
This self-introduction is just a decent demo, I'll update this intermittently.
I feel so happy as you can spare your precious time on my page. My name is Christopher Meng(Cicku), a sophomore student studying in Tianjin, China. I was born in Beijing. I love Computer Science, and my major is Infotmation Security. I don't create a wiki page on Wikipedia because the account name has been taken by others, so I put all I want to express at here. BTW my chinese is anonymous, but my English Christopher corresponding to my Chinese name's personal name part: "Chritopher" --> "XX" and "Christopher" --> "YY".
I start touching PC since 1999. Many years have passed, I still remember the first time of seeing the computer with infinite joys. I made my junior school's computer classroom into a mess, every PC's hard disk was damaged as I tried to SYN/CC our LAN DHCP server. I use Linux since 2004, my favorite Linux distribution is Fedora(4 year user). Of course it is beautiful and easy for use with KDE... XD
I started reading hacker magazines from 2005:《黑客防线》. That's why I made acquaintance of IT.
Now I run a personal blog at HERE, I'm not an industrious blogger, and sometimes I will mix using English/Chinese for the posts. I don't have Chinese IM installed on my system because I force myself of devoting into English completely, so don't be panic when you see English in my contents sharing with you, and you should feel surprised when you see Chinese from me as I must be under Windows/Android/iOS.
- English/Spanish for general communication. Yes, I can speak Spanish, but only limited to basic communication. This is just a hobby of mine.
- Coding. I don't have habit to put my code on Github very often, because I'm more of a server engineer rather than a
programmer. I'd like to be a site reliability engineer(this word is from Google). I intend to patch the software but not develop new functions. Moreover, I don't like Math. Know:
* C/C++: I can read and write them. * Python: Even my parents don't know, but I started learning Python de facto since 2.2 on Symbian platform. Now I focus on Python3 only. * Shell: I have no idea if this should be mentioned also here, but I can write shell script well. * Perl: I started learning Perl in 2012, it's tough, still in basic stage now, can write some script for processing logs/texts.
Things I don't know(notably):
* Java: We all say that Java is a pure OOP language, but I don't like it. In the period of learning in High school, despite granted 100 score of Java lessons, I still don't programme of it. * PHP: PHP is the best language! LOL
I hate languages with different approaches for one function. It's a waste of time.
- Server Operation. Uh... I've gotten certification of RHCE, trying to acquire RHCSA/RHCVA later in 2014/2015.
- Translation. I can translate technology related articles/apps/websites very well, also I'm a translator of Fedora Project and many others. You can see my transifex profile or have a glance in wordpress plugins.
My social accounts are listed at HERE. Don't treat me like a conjones.....I'm always playing tricks with all of you...
You can also contact me directly via: i AT cicku [not comma] me, note this address is only for private use(if you know me offline).
My adventure with Linux began by chance in 2004, it's so exciting to cognize this unfamiliar world, I was really really curious about it. But my first distro is not Fedora, on the contrary, is Ubuntu. Due to its evil attibute and bad user experience, I switched to Fedora in the same year. After many years of use, I found it that it's difficult, say, not easy as you can see from the surface, to learn something about advanced technologies. Therefore I started to try UNIX OS e.g. OpenBSD. But then I switched back to Linux again. I scratched LFS in 2009/2011 with 5.0/6.0 and 2013 again with 7.0.
I hate trying various Linux, to me the stability is the most important aspect in daily using. I only use Fedora(primary)/Gentoo these days. I don't think there has too many conspicuous differences between different distros. And they can't whet my appetite.
I also hate being like a man who always reinforce things, it's useless. Life is not doing this only.
After 8 years' Linux studying, I realized that I should contribute more as I could. So I joined Fedoraproject. Being as an ambassador of Fedora, my responsibilities is to spread it for normal user, especially M$(I don't hate Microsoft, sorry dudes) users or even Ubuntu users. I hope people surrounding me can know Linux(especially Fedora) as a good assistant for life or study, but not for "geek's toy only". I'll change Linux's impression in the next few years for all people surrounding me by throwing talks or presentations on conferences. Linux should be used in many aspects of life, especially in university. Glad to see, my university uses Fedora Core 3.
- Fedora Project Simplified Chinese(zh_CN) reviewer
(I removed other projects' contribution since this section is about ambassador)
- Packages (co-)owned
- Packages being review
- Fedora Updates testing
- Take a look at social coding websites ;)
* My Fedora Project wiki contributions * My FAS account * My Drafts * My lab for testing everything, not alsways available
- Features/Changes requested by myself. Icinga & DatabaseDependency & Razor-qt & Pantheon Desktop
- FUDCon 2014 Beijing
- Building huge amounts of RPMs listed on my GitHub page into Fedora and RPMFusion.
- Help take Gitorious into Fedora.
- Bringing Hawaii Desktop into Fedora as Change of Fedora 22.
- Bringing Enlightenment Desktop into Fedora as Change of Fedora 20.
- Setup some basic infrastructure for Fedora Chinese.
- Extend 1000 slots in pkgdb.
- I'm the founder of the Design Software SIG.
- I'm interested in NLP, functional programming and scientific technologies / softwares. SciTech SIG
My hobby is bring useful tools into Fedora, but not shits/rots.
Please be aware of my hand written SPECs(packages brought to Fedora by myself, not available before in Fedora.) in the Fedora SCM, all specs are licensed under Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0). I didn't write down this in my spec, because I trust you. DO NOT provoke my indignation by erasing the changelogs.