|Fedora Badges earned (Failed to decode JSON.)|
|Failed to decode JSON.|
I live in Youngstown, OH, USA, and am currently attending Youngstown State University where I am majoring in computer science and mathematics. I have a very strong interest in Programming Language Theory (PLT) and the connection between mathematics and programming by way of things like category theory, type theory, and the Curry-Howard correspondence.
What I do within Fedora (current-ish)
- I packaged and maintain a number of packages that I find useful.
- I am also a packager sponsor and currently sponsor a small number of people
- I'm a member of the core infrastructure team
- Web app development
- Server maintenance/upkeep
- I lead the Fedora Mobile Android app project
- I am on the websites team and occasionally fix issues with project websites
Timeline of my Fedora history
- (June 2010) - Sent intro email to firstname.lastname@example.org, started helping out wherever I could.
- (January 2011) - Got funded to go to FUDCon:Tempe_2011. (Thank you, Fedora!)
- (February 2011) - Was asked about and gladly accepted entrance into sysadmin-main, the core sysadmin group for the Fedora Project.
- (June 2011) - Won the Fedora Scholarship. (Thank you, Fedora!)
- (November 2011) - Started administrating the Fedora Scholarship since the previous winner has the opportunity to run the next year's scholarship.
- (February 2012) - Became an intern at Red Hat (Fedora Engineering Intern).
- (December 2013 - present) - Title change to "Associate Software Engineer, Fedora Engineering"
What I do outside of Fedora (in FOSS)
- I work on a lot of small FOSS projects that I started (see my GitHub page linked above).
- I love learning about programming paradigms, particularly Functional Programming.
- Along with that, I love learning the math behind it. Type theory and category theory are enjoyable. Provable correctness is amazing. :)
- In fact Programming Language Theory in general is amazing. :)
- I maintain a small number of Ruby Gems, but this is about all I do with Ruby nowadays.
- I maintain some Haskell packages on Hackage.
- I created http://da.gd/ and am currently rewriting it in Haskell.
- I sometimes contribute to Facebook's Phabricator project in my spare time.
Non-software things that I do
- I am a full-time student, currently dual-majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics at Youngstown State University.
- I am a founder of the Northeast Ohio Experimenters Club in Ohio, USA.
- I was a founder of The SYN/HAK Hackerspace in Akron, Ohio, USA.
- I dabble with calligraphy.
- I enjoy photography - I shoot Pentax.
- I enjoy astronomy and should learn more about it one day.
- I'm an amateur radio operator (N8SQL) and ARRL VE.
- I play drums (but only as a hobby).
- I play guitar (also only as a hobby).