From Fedora Project Wiki
- I began using Unix in 1989 and have been using Linux since 1994 when I co-founded Silicon Valley Public Access Link (SV-PAL or www.svpal.org), a FreeNet for Santa Clara County that is still a self-sustaining not for profit ISP today. I have contributed bugs and patches to many open source software projects as I have "scratched my own itch." I was a registered Debian Developer but while I respect the important work of package maintenance it is not something I developed a passion for. I was a full time employee with the US branch of SuSE Linux from 1999 to 2001.
Activities within Fedora
- I am a Fedora Ambassador. I have given out many Fedora CDs at Linux User Groups (LUGs) and generally advocate for free software in the many LUGs I visit in California.
- When CDs were more popular I worked on the DIY Sleeve
- I run Fedora on my OLPC XO-1 and have been active with monthly OLPC San Francisco meetings and annual Summits.
- My plans and ideas will evolve as I learn where I can best contribute.