Stratis is a disk/filesystem management tool, like ZFS, Btrfs, or LVM.
An unused block device with a size of at least 1GiB is needed. If testing on a virtual machine, an additional virtual block device can be added with virt-manager. If testing on bare metal, it should be possible to create a loopback block device using losetup.
How to test
dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing --refresh --best install stratis-cli
- Create a Stratis pool by executing
sudo stratis pool create test1 /dev/BLOCKDEVwhere BLOCKDEV is the unused block device created in setup.
- Create a filesystem from the pool by executing
sudo stratis fs create test1 filesystem1
- Destroy the filesystem from the pool by executing
sudo stratis fs destroy test1 filesystem1
- Destroy the Stratis pool by executing
sudo stratis pool destroy test1
The following must be true to consider this a successful test run. Be brief ... but explicit.
- Steps #2-5 complete without error
Optionally provide hints for exploratory testing.