(Redirected from User:Lruzicka/QA:Testcase bluetooth devices)
This test case tests that Bluetooth devices can be connected to the system and that the audio is correctly routed through these devices.
- This test case should be performed on bare-metal machines.
- The computer must be equipped with a sound device.
- The computer must be equipped with a Bluetooth adapter.
- You must have a Bluetooth speakers (headphones) to test with.
- Install a desktop version of Fedora 34 (or later).
- Install the
- Perform the following steps as a regular user.
How to test
- Start Pavucontrol and check that your sound device is listed on the Output devices tab.
- Connect a Bluetooth device and check that it appears in the list of devices.
- Play some audio and confirm that it is playing over the Bluetooth device.
- Disconnect the Bluetooth device and check that it disappears from the device list. Confirm that the audio immediately begins playing over the default sound device.
- If the HFP profile is available for your device, use Pavucontrol to switch between the Bluetooth profiles (from A2DP to HFP and back). Confirm that the device works with the HFP profile.
- If there are more codecs available for your device, use Pavucontrol to switch between them and confirm that they can be used for playing back.
- Pavucontrol starts and shows the available sound devices on the Output devices tab.
- When a Bluetooth device is connected, it appears in Pavucontrol and the sound is immediately routed through this device.
- When a Bluetooth device is disconnected, it disappears from the device list and the sound is immediately rerouted back to the original device.
- Profiles and codecs work if they are available.