(Redirected from User:Lruzicka/QA:Testcase pavucontrol basic)
This test case tests that various audio levels and devices can be controlled with Pavucontrol on PipeWire.
- This test case should be performed on both bare-metal and virtual machines. Specify in the comments on which you performed this test.
- The computer must be equipped with a sound device and a microphone. If you do not have a microphone, only test the playback part.
- Install a desktop version of Fedora 34 (or later).
- Install the
- Connect your speakers (headphones) and your microphone to your computer’s sound device.
- Perform the following steps as a regular user.
How to test
- Start Pavucontrol.
- Go to the Output Devices tab and check that all your audio devices are listed there.
- Start an application to play some audio and confirm that the sound is playing over the default sound device.
- Check the VU meter below the active device and confirm that it is showing the volume level for that device.
- Use the volume slider for the active device to change the volume and confirm that the output volume changes accordingly.
- Click on Lock channels together button and unlock the left and right audio channel. Check that the volume can be adjusted for each channel separately.
- Click on the Mute audio icon and check that the device is muted.
- If you have more than one sound device, click on the Set as fallback button to make it a default device. Confirm that sound is produced by the selected device.
- Restart Pavucontrol and confirm that the device which was made a default in the previous step is still marked as default.
- Pavucontrol starts.
- All system devices are listed on the Output Devices tab.
- All tested features and controls work as expected.