exa is a modern replacement for ls. It uses colors for information by default, which helps you distinguish properties such as file type and ownership. It also has extra features not present in the original ls, such as viewing git status for a directory or recursively listing files through sub-directories with a tree view.
Optionally include information on preparing the test environment
How to test
- Execute as root or sudo
dnf install exa
- Get inside any existing directory or run the following to clone and change directories
git clone https://pagure.io/kernel-tests.git && cd kernel-tests
The following must be true to consider this a successful test run. Be brief ... but explicit.
- Step #1 Completes without error
- Step #3 Exa will color code the files and folders
- Step #4 Lists Permissions, Size , User , Date Modified and Name of the file
- Step #5 Lists inode, Permissions, Links, Size, Blocks, User, Group, Date Modified and Name of the file