(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Latest revision as of 16:32, 24 May 2008
 Common Bugs
These are commonly reported bugs against Anaconda for Fedora 7. If you are hitting one of these, please do not file it as we have already received plenty of reports for each. All of these bugs are fixed by the [wiki:Self:Anaconda/Updates updates.img] available for download from  .
- 241395: FC6 -> F7 anaconda upgrade traceback When upgrading using kickstart, anaconda crashes due to a typo.
- 241975: Get localized release notes into the tree When installing in a language other than English, anaconda doesn't display any release notes. This is because it is looking for translated release notes which do not exist. The fix is to fall back to English release notes instead of displaying nothing.
- 241991: upgrade_bootloader_gui.py demands "full" /etc/modprobe.conf On upgrades, anaconda crashes if the /etc/modprobe.conf file on the installed system contains blank lines. This is fixed by fixing up the modprobe.conf parser to ignore these lines.
- 242073: Network mounts deleted from /etc/fstab On upgrades, the /etc/fstab file is read to know which filesystems to mount. At the end of the upgrade process, this file is written back out in case any filesystems were migrated from ext2 to ext3, among other reasons. However, anaconda was not writing out lines for NFS mounts because it did not understand this filesystem type. This has been fixed.
- 242379: anaconda crashes when configuring iSCSI (DHCP address!) anaconda crashes when trying to bring up the network for configuring iSCSI devices. This is a typo fix.
- 242492: Kickstart installation from DVD image on harddrive fails When upgrading using kickstart and the hard drive installation method, anaconda refuses to continue. This is because of an error in checking that the user has provided the correct option for specifying which partition contains the ISO images. This has been fixed.