Anaconda Storage UI Design
Mission Statement: To make it easier to find and identify the device(s) that you want to work with in anaconda, especially when there are large numbers of devices and/or types of devices present.
- Trac Ticket for redesign work: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/2
- Trac Ticket for icon work: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/63
Fedora 11 Anaconda Screenflow
Proposed Anaconda Screenflow
These are draft 2, updated 28 July 2009.
All mockups are sourced in this one SVG file:
Choose Installation Type
Do you want to upgrade?
Simple Device Selection
Advanced Device Selection - Local Devices Tab
Advanced Device Selection - BIOS RAID Devices Tab
Advanced Device Selection - Multipath Tab - Unfiltered
Advanced Device Selection - Multipath Tab - Interconnect Filter
Advanced Device Selection - Multipath Tab - Vendor Filter
Advanced Device Selection - Other SAN Tab
Advanced Device Selection - Search Tab (Port/Target/LUN)
Advanced Device Selection - Search Tab (WWID)
Select Partitioning Scheme (Simple Use Case)
Select Partitioning Scheme (Advanced Use Case)
- Mockups Draft 1, 27 July 2009 (PDF format)
- Mockups Draft 2, 28 July 2009 (PDF format)
- Mockups Draft 2, 3 August 2009 (PDF format)
- Mockups Draft 1, 27 July 2009 (Wiki Page)
- Mockups Draft 2, 28 July 2009 (Wiki Page)
- (Draft 3 currently displayed on this page in wiki format above)
Design Team ticket 63 concerns the updating of icons in Anaconda. Some icons may need to be redesigned/created also as part of this UI redesign effort. Some notes on this follow.
Install Type Icons
Right now we have install and upgrade. One idea proposed in UI feedback in that we have three install types:
- clean install
- multiboot install (don't overwrite other OSes)
Here's some icons to demonstrate these: