Documentation Amateur Radio Beat
Warning - Beat Converted
New to Fedora 15 is cutecw. This is an application providing a phased approach to learning CW. For additional information refer to the project page at http://www.hamtools.org/cutecw/
Also new to Fedora 15 is libfap. This is a port of the Perl APRS packet parsing library to C. All the features of Ham::APRS::FAP have been retained. For more complete information, including API documentation, refer to http://pakettiradio.net/libfap/
fldigi has been updated from 3.20.20 to 3.20.34. In addition to numerous bug fixes and cosmetic improvements, there are several new features:
- Extensions to pskmail
- Changes to dupe and diamond indicators
- Waterfall offset
- Improve cosmetics of configuration dialogs
- Additional keyboard shortcuts
- Squelch adjustment on THOR and CW
- Improved macros
- Contest logging
- Improved integration with hamlib
- The DXCC popup now includes LotW and eQSL hints
- Improvements to Cabrillo reporting
- Parallel port may now be used for PTT
- Additional logbook fields
- Improved Olivia decoding
- Improved scope handling for RTTY
Full details on fldigi may be found at http://www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html
Fedora 15 now includes xastir 2.0.0. This version includes several bug fixes, as well as support for Open Street Maps. The project maintains a wiki at http://www.xastir.org.
gpredict is a real-time satellite tracking and orbit prediction program. In addition to many bugfixes, new features include:
- Radio and antenna rotator control.
- Improved satellite selector.
- New layout manager.
- New Event view.
- Satellite tooltips and pass pop-ups
A video showing the satellite tooltips feature can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJC4A6onbBg
Details about gpredict may be found at http://groundstation.sourceforge.net/gpredict/
hamlib has been updated from 1.2.11 to 1.2.12. Included in this release ate three new backends. The project page may be found at http://hamlib.sourceforge.net
Icarus Verilog is a verilog compiler and simulator
Old Version: 0.9.20091230 -> New Version: 0.9.20100928
Project site: (http://www.icarus.com/eda/verilog/index.html)
Fedora 15 features version 2.0.5 of xlog. In addition to numerous bugfixes (refer to http://www.nongnu.org/xlog/xlog.changelog) there are two feature changes:
- Changing the name of the free fields in the log now updates the column names in all the logs which are opened
- To speed up logging, typing <ENTER> in the callsign field will jump to the TX(RST) field.
splat 1.3.0 is included in Fedora 15.. The latest version of SPLAT! features a new mapping mode that plots contours of received signal power level in dBm, support for uniform ground clutter, expansions of the -db, -plo, and -pli command-line options, support for one arc-second high resolution SRTM topography data (including new srtm2sdf-hd and splat-hd executables), and many other improvements including updated documentation and minor bug fixes.
Project site: (http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/splat.html)
Soundcard Packet Radio Modem
Old Version: 0.14 -> New Version: 0.15
Project site: (http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/soundmodem/)