Fedora Management and Configuration Infrastructure (FMCI).
The current Fedora management and configuration tools state is not very good in comparison with other distributions. Fedora includes several system configuration tools (system-config-*) - .
This should change with FMCI.
This effort includes:
- consistent high level management and configuration interface exposed over system message bus (DBus),
- proper documentation of existing interfaces exposed over system message bus,
- and user interfaces using this/these interface(s).
- Jaroslav Reznik (jreznik AT redhat DOT com)
- Roman Rakus (rrakus AT redhat DOT com)
- Radek Novacek (rnovacek AT redhat DOT com)
- Targeted release: Fedora 21
- Last updated: 2010-04-30
- Percentage of completion: 5%
- Gathering informations/data from the community.
- Date interface
- completed with Chrony support implemented (100%)
- system-config-date port (WIP)
- Boot interface (WIP)
GUI system configuration tools are affected by this change - we should port them to the new DBus/Polkit system configuration architecture. But the old GUI tools should work together with the new stack.
How To Test
Unit tests are part of the project.
No dependencies - independent project.
This is new project - there's no contingency plan needed.