Matahari based Fedora Management and Configuration Infrastructure (FMCI).
The goal of FMCI is to build a high level management and configuration interface on top of low level system ones. This low level interface is covered mostly by Matahari project. We are going to provide help to this project, so we can share as much code as possible. FMCI aims on local systems (DBus and PolicyKit), on the contrary Matahari on remote systems (QMF) usually hosted in virtualized environments (cloud). But on this level - there's quite a big overlap.
On top of high level Fedora interfaces we'd like to see user interfaces - probably both GUI and TUI, even some CLI tools would be very nice. This interfaces should be reusable by other tools too.
- Jaroslav Reznik (jreznik AT redhat DOT com)
- Roman Rakus (rrakus AT redhat DOT com)
- Radek Novacek (rnovacek AT redhat DOT com)
- Targeted release: Fedora 23
- Last updated: 2010-11-05
- Percentage of completion: 5%
- Gathering informations/data from the community.
- Planning with Matahari guys.
- Date interface
- completed with Chrony support implemented (100%)
- system-config-date port (WIP)
- Boot interface (WIP)
GUI system configuration tools are affected by this change - we should port them to the new DBus/Polkit system configuration architecture. But the old GUI tools should work together with the new stack.
How To Test
Unit tests are part of the project.
No dependencies - independent project.
This is new project - there's no contingency plan needed.